Monday, June 11, 2012

the first of some tree designs for lauren

Hi Lauren!

        I know you said pine tree and only the one is a pine tree at this point... and I know you said nothing about elephants or tree houses, but bear with me, and as more develop I will send them along.  Let me know what stuff you like and what you don't. Most of these are black and white, but they don't need to be, and they are simple, but we could go more complex. These are sketches, once I have an idea of what I  (and you two) want I will move onto bigger versions, these are all roughly 9 x 12.

          Let me know what you think!

This would be the base of a tree, with some sort of tree pattern and space for writing notes above it. It could be either coniferous or deciduous.
This is my favorite of a few pine tree-ish designs I did. If we were to do something like this for the final, we could do either regular or irregular branch shapes, and either the central spheres or more interspersed spheres.
This one really has very little to do with what you told me, but in my defense, I did it before you sent me back the answers to those questions. The point of this one is: you could go more random if you wanted to, and flowering trees have nice shapes. I have moved away from these sorts of designs, but thought I would at least show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment